Guitarists play guitars for live performances or recordings. They may use different types of guitars like classic, acoustic, electric, or bass, and play in a band or as a solo act. Guitarists may also develop backing tracks or provide guitar lessons.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Guitarist Job Description Template
We are searching for a reliable, well-practiced Guitarist to join our team. The Guitarist’s responsibilities include attending all rehearsals, showing up on time for performances and studio sessions, following instructions, and responding maturely to feedback. You should have knowledge of a range of genres and be able to quickly pick up a song.
To be successful as a Guitarist, you should be able to practice on your own and also collaborate with other musicians. Outstanding Guitarists play more than one instrument, are able to mix genres and styles, and understand that regular practice is more important than fancy equipment.
- Setting up and performing for live audiences, and attending rehearsals and studio sessions in a timely manner.
- Maintaining all gear and tuning guitars when necessary.
- Practicing on your own prior to studio sessions and rehearsals.
- Learning melodies, songs, and practicing vocals when required.
- Attending all PR events and maintaining an appropriate online presence and public image.
- Responding well to feedback and recommendations, as well as offering helpful suggestions.
- Locating and traveling out to venues for gigs.
- Networking with other musicians and industry professionals.
- Preparing for and attending auditions.
- Experimenting with different genres, types of guitars, and improving improv techniques.
- Formal guitar training.
- Ability to play more than one instrument would be advantageous.
- Experience playing guitar in a band or performing solo.
- Knowledge of different genres and guitar maintenance.
- Passion, dedication, and excellent time management.
- Ability to work alone and to collaborate with others.
- A willingness to learn and accept feedback.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources