Musicians write, record, and perform music. They may be trained in a particular musical genre and play a number of instruments. Musicians’ daily activities include rehearsing, recording, writing lyrics and delivering performances. They may also appear on TV and radio.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Musician Job Description Template
We are searching for a passionate, talented Musician to join our creative team. The Musician’s responsibilities include keeping up-to-date with industry trends, writing lyrics, and showing up on time for performances, rehearsals, and studio sessions. You should be able to play a few instruments, have a great stage presence, and captivate audiences when you perform.
To be successful as a Musician, you should be relentless in your creative pursuits and always strive to improve your skills and expand your artistic circles. Outstanding candidates are dedicated, humble, and possess superb interpersonal skills.
- Writing, rehearsing, performing, and recording new, original music.
- Building strong relationships with other artists as well as fans.
- Going for vocal training, and expanding your skill set by learning new techniques and instruments.
- Showing up on time and well-rested for scheduled performances and recording sessions.
- Building a positive brand by giving interviews and making appearances on radio and television.
- Maintaining a strong social media presence by posting regular, relevant content, and interacting with fans online.
- Reaching out to and collaborating with other artists and professionals in the entertainment industry.
- Upholding a suitable, professional public image at all times.
- Traveling abroad when required.
- Superb musical talent, creativity, and drive.
- Ability to act, dance, and play instruments recommended.
- Industry experience is a plus.
- A degree in Music or similar might be advantageous.
- A marketable personality.
- A strong work ethic.
- Great communication, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to travel and relocate if necessary.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources