Interview Questions for Musicians:
1. What are the essential qualities that make a good musician?
Tests in-depth musical knowledge and suitability for the position.
2. What was the best concert you’ve seen and why?
Reveals candidate’s musical tastes and their ability to gauge what makes an exceptional performance.
3. Describe the worst performance you have seen. What would you change about it?
Demonstrates knowledge of what makes a good performance, and also evaluates their creative thinking skills.
4. How would you go about energizing a tired audience?
Tests the candidate's performance strategies, reveals their stage presence, and their ability to stay calm under pressure.
5. Describe a time you got into an argument with a coworker. What happened?
Tests conflict resolution, as well as interpersonal and communication skills.