Singers learn, memorize, and perform songs. They may work in the studio or entertain live audiences. Some receive formal education and training, while others depend on raw talent. Based on overall appeal, skill, and networking abilities, singers can work in many different sectors.
When interviewing singers, the best candidates are able to convey emotion through their songs and truly connect with an audience. Be wary of those who lack self-confidence and people skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Singers:
1. What skills have you learned that will help you in your singing career?
Reveals skillset, experience, and earning potential.
2. What made you decide to pursue a career in entertainment?
Reveals more about the candidate, their goals, and dedication to the music industry.
3. What kind of singer would you classify yourself as?
Reveals flexibility, willingness to learn new genres, styles, and to accept jobs in different sectors.
4. What has been the best performance of your career so far?
Reveals stage presence, ability to connect with audiences, and to stay focused under pressure.
5. How will you cope with being away from home for long periods?
Tests suitability for the position and also reveals potential issues.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources