A Music Teacher is a professional who teaches Music as a subject in the school curriculum. Music Teachers instruct students in practical methods and theory of general music, singing, as well as playing musical instruments.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Music Teacher Job Description Template
We are looking for an experienced Music Teacher to be responsible for teaching Music as part of the school curriculum. The Music Teacher will follow the guidelines as set out by the Education Department which includes the theory and practice of general music, singing and playing musical instruments. They should also prepare students for exams in Music.
To be successful as a Music Teacher, you should create an enjoyable learning environment to inspire young minds and help them grow in appreciation of music. Ultimately, a top-notch Music Teacher should be skilled in playing musical instruments, planning concerts for student participation, and creating after school music clubs.
Music Teacher Responsibilities:
- Teaching general styles of music.
- Teaching classical piano, practical and theory.
- Teaching singing to students from beginner to advanced level.
- Incorporating musical instruments and movement in lessons.
- Planning and implementing a program of instruction and lesson plans.
- Preparing students for school concerts and planned music experiences.
- Preparing students for practicals and exams.
- Inspiring and motivating students to extend themselves to after school music clubs.
- Building relationships and mentoring students.
Music Teacher Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Music.
- License to teach as an academic (state requirement).
- Minimum of 3 years' teaching experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Choral pedagogy.
- Ability to set and mark examination papers.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources