Online Teachers provide virtual instruction to students located across the globe. Online Teachers usually select the location from which they teach, though some companies set up designated work spaces from which Online Teachers operate.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Online Teacher Job Description Template
We are searching for a supportive, enthusiastic Online Teacher to fulfill our students' educational requirements. The Online Teacher's duties include formulating and delivering lessons that are conducted virtually. You will also be required to allot homework, grade assignments and quizzes, and report on students' progress.
To be successful as an Online Teacher, you should create a safe, nurturing environment that is sensitive to students' learning styles. An outstanding Online Teacher will demonstrate an awareness of the environmental factors that influence students' progress in the course.
Online Teacher Responsibilities:
- Creating and presenting lessons that are congruent with students' educational needs.
- Encouraging participation within the classroom to promote the consolidation of learning content.
- Mediating conflict between students.
- Establishing relationships with students to ensure that they disclose cognitive and psychosocial difficulties that may impede their academic progress.
- Grading homework, projects, and quizzes in a timely manner.
- Monitoring and reporting on students' progress.
- Reporting recurrent technical difficulties and other notable incidents to the appropriate member of staff.
- Attending staff meetings, as required.
- Respecting cultural differences among students and staff.
- Ensuring that all requisite equipment remains in excellent condition.
Online Teacher Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Education with relevant specialization.
- Proven teaching experience, ideally in a similar setting.
- Personal computer with a built-in or separate webcam.
- Quick and steady internet connection.
- Computer literate.
- Headset fitted with a microphone.
- A well-lit, distraction-free environment from which to conduct your lessons.
- Well-groomed appearance.
- Outstanding verbal, non-verbal, and written skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources