Interview Questions for Pianists:
1. Describe the best performance you have ever given. What made it special?
Demonstrates skillset as well as the level of experience.
2. How do you cope when dealing with a disinterested or disrespectful audience?
Tests resilience, professionalism, and ability to perform under pressure.
3. A fellow pianist has trouble memorizing a piece. How would you help them?
Tests teaching ability, empathy, and communication and interpersonal skills.
4. How do you cope with long rehearsal hours?
Reveals endurance, as well as discipline and dedication to excellence.
5. Describe a time when you worked with a difficult musician. What did you learn?
Tests conflict-resolution, communication, and interpersonal skills. It also reveals the ability to maintain professional relationships.