Also known as Choral Directors, Choir Directors lead and direct choirs during musical performances. They are also responsible for scheduling choir rehearsals, selecting appropriate musical pieces, and managing annual choir budgets.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Choir Director Job Description Template
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated Choir Director to provide musical guidance and direction to our choir members. The Choir Director's responsibilities include greeting audiences before performances, teaching voice control techniques to choir members, managing the choir's annual budget, and promptly resolving conflicts among choir members. You should also be able to work with various accompanists to enhance musical pieces as needed.
To be successful as a Choir Director, you should be creative, assertive, and passionate about music. Ultimately, an outstanding Choir Director should be able to interpret various styles of music and demonstrate exceptional communication, leadership, and organizational skills at all times.
Choir Director Responsibilities:
- Instructing choir members to warm up before rehearsals and performances.
- Deciding on appropriate musical pieces for the choir to perform based on the venue and occasion.
- Establishing and enforcing a performance dress code in accordance with established guidelines.
- Conducting auditions to identify and select suitable choir members.
- Scheduling choir rehearsals and ensuring that choir members attend rehearsals regularly.
- Selecting individual choir members to perform solos.
- Providing the necessary guidance and direction during choir rehearsals to assist choir members in achieving the correct tone, pitch, rhythm, tempo, and harmony.
- Directing choir members during musical performances to ensure that the desired sound is achieved.
- Creating suitable choir formations for rehearsals and performances.
Choir Director Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Music, Music Education, or related field is preferred.
- Proven experience working as a Choir Director.
- Sound musical knowledge.
- The ability to interpret various styles of music.
- Strong leadership and listening skills.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- A passion for music.
- Patient, creative, and assertive.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources