From C$150.00 /post.
Job board syndication
Social media promotion
Phone and email.
SCWIST is a great option for finding talented women in STEM. It serves as a hub for targeted tech hires, but its lack of a candidate resume database takes some control away from employers who want to look for the right fit. A lack of applicant tracking tools or bulk job posting options makes it difficult for large businesses to hire in volume.
- Job posts last for three months instead of one.
- Job ads are shared across all of SCWIST's social media channels in the first two weeks of being listed.
- Listings are shared on the member Slack channel and the company newsletter for added exposure.
- There are currently fewer than 100 positions advertised — a good number for a niche category, indicating popularity with employers.
- Employers enjoy access to various resources that help promote diversity in STEM fields.
- SCWIST is more affordable than competing job boards, Women's Job List and Women Who Code.
- The company can be contacted via phone and email.
- There are no free job posting options.
- Job posts do not get distributed to larger networks for added reach, limiting their audience of job seekers.
- There are no bulk job posting options for companies hiring at scale, nor are there discounts for multiple job posts.
- A lack of a searchable candidate resume database means employers don't have the ability to proactively find candidates.
- The website is not available in French.
- There aren't any candidate management tools for large corporations that hire at scale.
SCWIST has over 1,000 members in its organization, making it a credible and respected institution. However, we were unable to find reviews of their job board.
How to Post a Job on SCWIST:
Five easy steps for posting a job on Society for Canadian Women in Science & Technology (SCWIST).
Posting a job on Canadian Women in Science & Technology (SCWIST).
Go to the SCWIST home page.
Navigate to scwist.ca and click on the "JOB BOARD" button to the left of the page.
Click on "POST A JOB AD."
The red "POST A JOB AD" button is in the center of the page.
Add details about the job post.
Include information such as the job title, category, salary range, and more.
Choose a job posting option.
Under the "Pricing Information" section, read through the two job posting options and note their cost and benefits. Choose one from the drop-down menu.
Enter your payment details.
Add your payment details and click on the "SUBMIT" button to complete the purchase.
Society for Canadian Women in Science & Technology (SCWIST) vs. Women's Job List:
SCWIST is a Canadian organization and community of women in STEM, while Women's Job List is a general U.S. job board whose presence in Canada is not as strong. Women's Job List is costlier than SCWIST and offers more advanced recruitment tools, but SCWIST is the better option for targeting women in STEM fields in Canada.
Society for Canadian Women in Science & Technology (SCWIST) vs. Women Who Code:
With a starting price of US$199.00 per job post, Women Who Code is slightly costlier than SCWIST's C$150.00 per post. Both platforms cater to women in tech, although SCWIST has a stronger focus on research and academic roles. Women Who Code allows for multiple job posts and offers applicant tracking tools for companies hiring in volume.
Society for Canadian Women in Science & Technology (SCWIST) vs. Fairygodboss:
The main difference between Fairygodboss and SCWIST is that the former targets women across all industries, while SCWIST focuses on women in STEM fields. Jobs on Fairygodboss reach over 9 million women worldwide, while SCWIST targets women in Canada and has a much smaller reach. Neither platform has a searchable candidate resume database.
Society for Canadian Women in Science & Technology
Jul 30, 1981
1200-555 West Hastings St., Vancouver, BC V6B 4N6
Number of Employees
What is Society for Canadian Women in Science & Technology (SCWIST)?
SCWIST is a member organization and advocacy group for women in STEM. They host a job board that companies use to hire the best female talent in different technology fields.
What does it cost to post a job on Society for Canadian Women in Science & Technology (SCWIST)?
SCWIST's pricing ranges from C$150.00 to C$350.00 per job post.