ConneXions is a free job posting service. However, additional job posting services may cost extra, but no information is provided on this. Interested users should contact JMSB Career Management Services via email for more information.
The John Molson School of Business (JMSB), associated with Concordia University, offers a job site for employers looking to hire students and alumni from the School of Business. Users can manage and track applications and access career resources provided by the business school's career center.
While the job board gives employers access to a niche network of talent, it lacks several advanced hiring tools, such as resume searches, job ad distribution, and social media promotion.
- Employers can post jobs to ConneXions free of charge.
- JMSB hosts an annual career fair where employers can connect with potential candidates.
- Information sessions are held where employers can discuss their specific hiring needs.
- The platform offers additional hiring services for added reach.
- The job board is quite basic and does not offer resume searches or applicant tracking tools.
- Employer accounts are only approved after 2-3 business days.
- Different posting platforms exist under the university's name, which may be confusing for employers.
- Only students and alumni have access to the job site, limiting the size of the candidate pool.
While we were unable to find any online reviews of the ConneXions job board, the John Molson School of Business (JMSB) has a 4.1-star rating based on the opinion of more than 20 reviews on its Facebook page.
How to Post a Job on ConneXions:
Three easy steps for posting a job on ConneXions.
Posting a Job on ConneXions.
Navigate to the home page.
Visit the JMSB website and in the top right-hand corner, click on the "Employers" button. Then, select "Employer Registration" from the drop-down menu.
Complete the online registration form.
Complete the online employer registration form and submit it for approval. JMSB will approve your application within 1-3 days of submission.
Create and post your listing.
Once you can log into your account, you'll be able to create and post your vacancy.
ConneXions vs. YES Montreal:
While ConneXions primarily advertises business-related roles, YES Montreal caters to entrepreneurs, artists, and young job seekers regardless of their training or work experience. Both platforms offer a free job posting service, but ConneXions features additional paid hiring services.
ConneXions vs. CAPS Job Bank:
Concordia University has two career centers, namely ConneXions and CAPS Job Bank. Both centers offer a free job posting service. While ConneXions primarily connects employers with students and graduates of the John Molson School of Business, CAPS Job Bank caters to students from the general campus.
ConneXions vs. HEC Montréal:
Similar to ConneXions, HEC Montréal advertises business-related vacancies. While ConneXions is for English-speaking candidates, HEC Montréal caters to French-speaking students. Both platforms offer a free job posting service, but HEC Montréal has a featured job posting option for C$150.00.