Standard job posting uploaded by employers
Job postings uploaded by staff members of the university
Job postings targeting experienced hires/alumni
CAPS Job Bank offers a great way for employers to connect with Concordia University students and alumni. The job board only features vacancies related to study fields offered by the university. It offers free posting options and also enables the posting of job-related advertisements directly to the school's job portals.
Employers can also host on-campus information sessions and career-related events to connect with job seekers in their final year of study or introduce their companies to students and recent graduates across various fields of study at career fairs hosted by the university.
- Employers have access to a network of thousands of students and alumni.
- More than 300 jobs are advertised every month.
- Resumes are collected and sent to employers in batches.
- The university assists with job postings for C$50.00.
- The platform offers targeted hiring services.
- Employers have access to job fairs and career-related events to recruit candidates.
- Jobs are only live for 30 days and extensions incur a fee.
- Only job postings related to university studies are accepted.
- The advertising of informal career opportunities, such as waiting and bartending, is not allowed.
- Only vacancies that offer monetary compensation are accepted.
- Employer accounts are only approved after 2-3 business days.
- Different posting platforms exist under the university's name which may be confusing for employers.
- Vacancy placements are subject to approval which may take 2-3 business days.
How to Post a Job on CAPS Job Board:
Five easy steps for posting a job on CAPS Job Board.
Posting a Job on CAPS Job Board.
Visit the Student Success Centre's home page.
Navigate to the Concordia University Student Success Centre's home page.
Go to the "CAREER PLANNING" button.
Hover over the "CAREER PLANNING" button to open the drop-down menu and click on "Employer services."
Select "Post a job opportunity."
You'll be redirected to the "Hire a Concordian" page. Scroll down and click on "Get started" under the heading "Post a job opportunity."
Click on "Create an Account."
Scroll down and click "Create an employer account" to register as an employer.
Complete the registration form.
Complete the online form to register as an employer, confirm that the information is correct, and submit the form to Concordia University for approval. The approval process can take 1-3 days.
After your registration has been approved, Concordia University will send you instructions on how to post a job on their job board.
CAPS Job Bank vs. ConneXions:
Concordia University has two career centers, namely CAPS Job Bank and ConneXions. Both centers feature free job posting platforms. While CAPS Job Bank is aimed at students of the general campus, ConneXions is for students and graduates of the John Molson School of Business. Both offer employers direct access to recent graduates.
CAPS Job Bank vs. HEC Montréal Job Board:
While CAPS Job Bank is for students from all fields of study, HEC Montréal job board is only for French-speaking students specializing in different fields of management. CAPS Job Bank is only aimed at students in Montréal, while HEC Montréal allows job posts from around the globe.
CAPS Job Bank vs. YES Montreal:
Compared to CAPS Job Bank, which only allows job posts related to the courses the university offers, YES Montreal is aimed at entrepreneurs, artists, and early-career job seekers regardless of formal training. While CAPS Job Bank charges for job posts targeting experienced hires, YES Montreal is completely free to use.