Audio Visual Technicians set up, operate, maintain, and repair sound and video equipment for use in live events, such as concerts, sports games, business conventions, meetings, webinars, and distance learning. They may also assist in the production of movies, TV programs, CDs, and DVDs.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Audio Visual Technician Job Description Template
We are looking for a knowledgeable, detail-oriented Audio Visual Technician to join our team. The responsibilities of the Audio Visual Technician include transporting equipment, setting up cameras, lighting, and video equipment, editing and copying videotapes, and ordering inventory.
To be successful as an Audio Visual Technician, you should have experience transporting, assembling, operating, and repairing equipment used for multimedia production. A great Audio Visual Technician is creative, flexible, and detail-oriented, with good communication and teamwork skills.
Audio Visual Technician Responsibilities:
- Transporting, setting up, and installing media equipment and audiovisual support tools, including speakers, monitors, cameras, and equipment racks.
- Setting up and performing electrical wiring, programming, and basic construction according to layout diagrams and schedules.
- Developing good relationships with clients to keep production moving and to help out production or event coordinators.
- Running tests on videos, audio, and signals and troubleshooting any problems that arise.
- Meeting clients' standards by handling equipment malfunctions and executing a flawless event.
- Disassembling equipment, wiring, and support tools in a safe manner.
- Performing inventory management on equipment, wiring, and accessories.
- Carrying out any cleaning, maintenance, or repairs on audiovisual equipment.
- Generating expense reports for management.
Audio Visual Technician Requirements:
- An Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Audio Visual Technology or a related field.
- In-depth working knowledge of camera and lighting techniques.
- Strong working knowledge of audiovisual editing equipment and software.
- Excellent computer and troubleshooting skills.
- Creativity, attention to detail, and flexibility.
- Strong communication, customer service, and organizational skills.
- The ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Physical fitness to transport and set up heavy equipment.
- Good hearing and eyesight.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources