Interview Questions for Audio Technicians:
1. Describe a time when you successfully solved a problem with an audio system. How did you diagnose the problem?
Demonstrates candidates' industry knowledge and past work experience.
2. What has been the most challenging task you have successfully completed?
Shows candidates' critical thinking skills, work history, and ability to overcome problems.
3. What have you done in the last year to update your knowledge of audio technology?
Indicates candidates' industry knowledge and their willingness to keep learning.
4. What would you do if, while performing a sound test, you found that a performer's microphone was not working?
Demonstrates critical thinking and problem-solving skills, as well as an understanding of the role.
5. [Provide candidates with a list of hypothetical gear.] How would you go about setting up this system?
Shows candidates' understanding of system flow as well as their job knowledge.