Audio Engineer Job Description Template
We are searching for a reliable, detail-orientated audio engineer to join our growing team. The audio engineer’s responsibilities include creating and editing recordings, setting up equipment in studio and at events, following client specifications, and meeting project deadlines. You should have excellent time management and show up on schedule for studio sessions and live gigs.
To be successful as an audio engineer, you should have a discerning ear and be able to identify what sounds good. Outstanding candidates are knowledgeable about audio equipment, able to follow written and verbal instructions, and consistently deliver superb results.
Audio Engineer Responsibilities:
- Understanding client briefs and selecting the appropriate sound and mixing equipment for the project.
- Communicating with clients and coordinating with other staff members to ensure deadlines are met and projects are completed to specifications.
- Editing, mixing, and manipulating recorded and live sound.
- Setting up equipment safely and on time.
- Designing audio systems and advising clients on equipment purchases.
- Testing and troubleshooting equipment regularly, and replacing any faulty components.
- Fixing and enhancing sound at live events.
- Collaborating and networking with other Audio Engineers and professionals in the field.
- Participating in training opportunities and constantly finding new ways to improve skills.
Audio Engineer Requirements:
- High school diploma.
- Certificate in audio technology or similar recommended.
- Practical experience with sound equipment.
- Superb ear for sound.
- Ability to work under pressure and stay calm when things go wrong.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Professional self-starter with a growth mindset.