Audio Video Technician Job Description Template
We are looking for an experienced AV technician to set up and operate media equipment for live events. As an AV technician, you will be responsible for organizing and installing media equipment such as projectors, microphones, video monitors, and sound boards. You may also be required to alter the venue layout to enhance acoustics.
To ensure success as an AV technician, you should have advanced knowledge of audio and video equipment, experience with lighting and filming techniques, and excellent troubleshooting skills. Ultimately, a top-notch AV technician should be able to create superb audio and visual effects to enhance any live experience.
Audio Video Technician Responsibilities:
- Meeting with Event Coordinators to discuss audio, lighting, and video requirements.
- Altering venue arrangements according to layout diagrams.
- Laying electrical and sound cables.
- Setting up and installing microphones, lights, video monitors, projectors, speakers, and video cameras.
- Conducting sound, visual, and performance quality checks on AV equipment.
- Inspecting mountings and electrical equipment to ensure they conform to health and safety regulations.
- Operating sound and visual equipment during live events.
- Troubleshooting equipment and ensuring events run smoothly.
- Maintaining strong customer relations.
- Disassembling audio and visual equipment and packing up after the event.
Audio Video Technician Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in sound engineering or a similar field.
- Previous experience working as an AV technician.
- In-depth knowledge of sound, video, and lighting equipment.
- Familiarity with computers and IP Networking Systems.
- Advanced knowledge of modern filming and sound mixing techniques.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- A keen eye for detail.
- High level of physical fitness and the ability to lift heavy equipment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.