Audio Visual Technicians set up, install, operate, test, maintain, and repair audio and video equipment for live events and functions, such as concerts, conventions, news conferences, presentations, and more. They will also handle the audio and video equipment needs for entertainment productions.
When interviewing Audio Visual Technicians, look for candidates who demonstrate strong attention to detail, creativity, and teamwork skills. Be wary of candidates who lack a good working knowledge of audiovisual equipment and software.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Audio Visual Technicians:
1. Can you describe a time you had to troubleshoot a problem during a live show?
Demonstrates candidates' past work experience as well as their ability to handle stressful situations.
2. How do you handle a varied work schedule with large periods of downtime?
Illustrates candidates' industry experience and time management skills.
3. How do you feel about traveling to distant locations for work?
Shows candidates' flexibility and experience with handling audiovisual equipment during transit.
4. What do you think is the most difficult responsibility of an AV Technician?
Demonstrates candidates' understanding of the role as well as their critical thinking skills.
5. Describe the most challenging event you set up for. What made it so difficult?
Shows candidates' work experience as well as their ability to overcome adversity and learn from their mistakes.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources