Visual Designers provide businesses with visually appealing graphic designs for their websites. Their duties include brainstorming creative ideas with project teams, developing visual concepts for approval, and collaborating with IT developers to successfully integrate their graphic designs. They may work for companies or design agencies.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Visual Designer Job Description Template
We are looking for a talented Visual Designer to enhance our clients' online presence with eye-catching and professional graphic designs. As a Visual Designer, you will consult with the project team to determine design requirements, submit draft concepts for approval, and develop similar design prototypes for our other branded products.
To be successful as a Visual Designer, you should exhibit experience in visual design and the ability to contribute creative expertise to brainstorming sessions. Outstanding Visual Designers are team players who apply their creativity to varied design requirements.
Visual Designer Responsibilities:
- Consulting with the project team and determining visual design preferences and expectations.
- Designing original graphics with unique colors, shapes, and typography fonts
- Refining the output of paint and hand-draw applications by using visual design software.
- Enhancing digital images, including the application of contrasts and gradients.
- Submitting visual design concepts for brainstorming and approval in a timely manner.
- Meeting with the project team for feedback and editing designs, when required.
- Collaborating with IT developers in aligning visual designs with website functionalities.
- Developing prototypes to uniformly integrate logos and brand images to other products and platforms, including social media.
- Keeping track of advancements in visual design technologies and applications, as well as industry trends.
Visual Designer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or Associate Degree in Graphic Design, Visual Arts, or similar.
- 2-3 years of experience as a Visual Designer, or similar.
- A complete portfolio of visual design examples.
- Advanced proficiency in visual design software, such as Adobe Creative Suite's InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Exceptional creative abilities as reflected in original visual designs.
- Extensive experience in determining visual design preferences and meeting deadlines.
- Exceptional ability to collaborate on visual design projects and integrate feedback.
- Proficiency in keeping up with visual design technologies and industry trends.
- Excellent communication skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources