Interview Questions for Zookeepers:
1. How would you identify a sick animal? What would you look for?
Tests observational skills and knowledge of animal behavior.
2. When do you know not to approach an animal?
Tests the candidate’s ability to exercise caution in dangerous situations.
3. Can you describe a time when your suggestion improved animal care?
Tests problem-solving abilities, as well as planning and organizational skills.
4. How would you go about engaging an audience with a lecture or demonstration?
Reveals in-depth knowledge of Zookeeping and tests presentation skills.
5. What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
Reveals more about the candidate and their commitment to improving the wellbeing of animals.