A Veterinarian assists clients to maintain the health and well-being of their companion animals. Preferred candidates are knowledgeable, prudent and compassionate. Avoid harsh, uninformed candidates.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Veterinarian Interview Questions
1. Could you give examples from past experience where you overcame differences with clients to proficiently negotiate successful treatment for patients?
At times clients have firm, opposing opinions on treatment plans for patients. Veterinarians have to ensure the best course of action for patients with being neither too authoritarian nor too compliant. Listen for the candidate to show this ability.
2. How do you cope with distressed clients?
Besides having to treat their patients, Veterinarians have to interact with emotional clients simultaneously. The prospective hire needs to demonstrate the capacity to deal with this aspect of the position.
3. How do you convey the worst—that their pet is terminally ill—to clients?
Veterinarians have the unfortunate duty of informing clients their animal companions are terminally ill on a regular basis. As they are pressed for time, they need the ability to do this swiftly yet compassionately.
4. Could you provide clients adequate access to grief counselors?
Veterinarians need to be knowledgeable on reputable counselors to recommend to clients.
5. Could you give a detailed explanation and five examples of reverse zoonoses affecting pets, and have you encountered suspected cases of these in previous positions?
The candidate's answer will display their knowledge of latest research regarding threats to pet health.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources