Zoologists are biological scientists who specialize in the study of animals and their ecosystems. Their primary duties include researching animal behavior, collecting zoological data for analysis and contributing to the publication of scientific journals.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Zoologist Job Description Template
We are looking for highly trained academics who are as comfortable in research laboratories as they are out in the wild. Zoologists are responsible for studying animals and wildlife in their natural habitats and controlled environments, collecting and analyzing zoological data and communicating new knowledge in the form of research reports and scientific journals, among other duties.
Beyond their biological expertise, Zoologists are required to have excellent quantitative aptitude as they will conduct advanced data analyses for their research needs.
- Organizing and conducting research projects.
- Collecting and analyzing zoological data.
- Writing scholarly articles and contributing to scientific journals.
- Advancing animal conservation efforts.
- Studying the interaction between animals and their ecosystems.
- Researching human influences on animal life.
- Observing animals in their natural habitat and controlled environments.
- Studying the development and spread of animal disease.
- Lecturing and researching at universities.
- Studying animals as individuals and in groups.
- Conducting animal research at the molecular level.
- Master's degree in Zoology.
- PhD preferred.
- Proficiency in mathematics and statistics for advanced data analysis.
- Comfortable being outdoors.
- Excellent written communication and proven research experience.
- Good observational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Continuous self-education.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources