Virtual Vocations is a free job posting site. However, a one-time vetting fee of $39.99 is required to sign up for the service.
Founded in 2007 by brother-and-sister duo Laura Spawn and Adam Stevenson, Virtual Vocations is the self-proclaimed largest remote-only niche job site in the U.S. The company is 100% remote, which helps them understand the unique challenges both employers and job seekers in the remote job sector face.
Virtual Vocations offers employers a range of recruitment services for an efficient hiring process, such as targeted email advertising, account management resources, and access to application tracking statistics.
- The site receives more than 80,000 monthly visitors.
- Employers can post remote working opportunities for free.
- Job ads can be posted directly through the site or through feeds that are aggregated by the recruitment team.
- Employers have access to application tracking statistics, such as candidate views and click-through rates.
- At the employer's request, a Virtual Vocation staff member will write a profile page for their company.
- Employers have access to an account manager to assist with their hiring needs.
- Jobs are categorized by industry, title, and keyword for targeted searches.
- Featured employer's vacancies are shared on the site's Facebook page.
- Jobs posts are featured in email alerts sent to candidates, as well as the 'Companies' page on the site where job seekers can search or browse company profiles.
- Only full-remote job opportunities can be posted on the job board.
- Companies are subject to a vetting fee upon registration.
- The site does not offer employer branding services.
As a fully accredited BBB site, Virtual Vocations received a 4.93-star rating from over 50 customer reviews. Many reviewers commented that the site is user-friendly and has excellent customer service.
How to Post a Job on Virtual Vocations:
Three easy steps for posting a job on Virtual Vocations.
Posting a Job on Virtual Vocations.
Navigate to Virtual Vocations' home page.
From the home page, find and click "Post a Job."
Start the registration process.
Fill out the registration form on the left-hand side of the page. Then, click "Get Started Now."
Pay the vetting fee to register.
You'll be asked to pay the one-time vetting fee. Add your billing information, and click "Make Payment."
Once your payment is processed, you'll be able to create and post your job ad.
Virtual Vocations vs. FlexJobs:
Like Virtual Vocations, FlexJobs allows employers to post remote working opportunities in various sectors. While FlexJobs is a global job board, Virtual Vocations is U.S.-centric. Only Virtual Vocations offers free job postings, but FlexJobs features employer branding services that Virtual Vocations lacks.
Virtual Vocations vs. The Muse:
While Virtual Vocations only posts remote positions, The Muse allows employers to place both remote and in-office job ads. Both platforms subject employers to a vetting process and offer company profile creation services. The Muse, however, lacks hiring services such as social media promotion and email advertising that Virtual Vocations provides.
Virtual Vocations vs. WeWorkRemotely:
Virtual Vocations and WeWorkRemotely are both remote job boards with a large pool of candidates in the U.S. While Virtual Vocations allows employers to post jobs for free with no extra fee for featured listing options, WeWorkRemotely charges $299.00 per month for unlimited job postings with no add-ons.