Countryside Jobs Service
From £75.00 +VAT /post.
CV database access
Social media promotion
Phone and email.
Founded in 1994 by Anthea and Niall Carson, Countryside Jobs Service (CJS) is an online company that publishes low-cost conservation career information in the U.K. The platform's original publication, CJS Weekly, is a newsletter that features job posts and recruitment resources. Their other publications include CJS Focus and CJS Professional.
CJS also hosts a job board with a range of recruitment services available to employers at an affordable rate. The site is great for reaching a highly defined audience, but it doesn't offer a searchable CV database or applicant tracking tools.
- CJS is a dedicated U.K. conservation job board with a large number of candidates visiting the site every month.
- Charities and nonprofit agencies receive a discounted rate on job posts.
- Employers can post vacancies in the conservation, ecology, horticulture, and arboriculture sectors.
- The site has a separate careers page for volunteer positions, apprenticeships, and internships.
- Several job posting packages are available to suit different hiring needs.
- Add-ons such as video, featured listings, and social media promotion options are available.
- Job posts can be advertised in the platform's weekly newsletter for added reach.
- The job posting process is quick and easy.
- CJS does not advertise environmental health vacancies, laboratory work, or computer modeling positions.
- Listings aren't distributed to other job boards.
- The platform does not offer CV searches, candidate matching, or applicant tracking tools.
Although we were unable to find any online reviews of CJS, the platform features a page of handpicked testimonials from satisfied clients.
Advert in the CJS Weekly Newsletter
Basic Text (200 Word Text)
Standard Listing (400 Word Text plus 1 Logo)
Unlimited Listing (Unlimited Text and Logos)
Multiple Job Listings
Contact for quote.
CJS Shortlisting Service
*The platform offers additional job post upgrades on its pricing page.
**Volunteer groups receive a 50% discount on all advertising. Charities and nonprofit agencies receive a 10% discount on job posts.
How to Post a Job on CJS:
Two easy steps for posting a job on CJS.
Posting a job on CJS.
You'll find this button on the right-hand side of the home page.
Enter your job posting details.
Fill in the online form by adding the advert type, job title, and employer name. Scroll down and select the boxes that apply, and enter your payment details. Ensure that all your information is correct, and once you're done, click "Submit Advert."
A representative will then be in contact to arrange payment details before your job post goes live.
CJS vs. Conservation Careers:
Although both platforms are conservation job boards, Conservation Careers has a global reach, while CJS only serves the U.K. Conservation Careers offers more for less, charging £50.00 +VAT for a basic listing plus partner site and social media promotion, while CJS charges £75.00 +VAT for a basic listing with no add-ons.
CJS vs. Conservationjobsuk.com:
While CJS only adds job posts to their job board and social media sites, Conservationjobsuk.com distributes job posts across the GreenJobs network, offering a larger reach. Conservationjobsuk.com also sends branded email alerts to candidates and allows employers to create a company profile on the site, which CJS does not do.
CJS vs. Indeed:
Indeed is a general job posting site that serves the local and global job market. In comparison, CJS primarily lists conservation jobs specifically in the U.K. While both sites have free and paid job posting options, Indeed offers recruitment features that CJS lacks, such as CV searches and candidate messaging services.