Also known as Maintenance Technicians, Technical Officers are responsible for the maintenance of industrial, commercial, or residential facilities. They ensure a safe environment by performing facility inspections, prioritizing maintenance work, and repairing buildings and equipment. Their duties also include keeping maintenance records.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Technical Officer Job Description Template
We are looking for a versatile and experienced Technical Officer to perform maintenance work at our facility. As a Technical Officer, your duties will include identifying and performing structural maintenance jobs, repairing equipment, and updating maintenance records. You may also be required to advise on maintenance and repair costs.
To be successful in this role, you should demonstrate extensive experience in maintenance work and possess vast practical knowledge. Accomplished Technical Officers are skilled in a wide variety of maintenance tasks and are capable of performing complex repairs.
Technical Officer Responsibilities:
- Preparing and following a general maintenance schedule.
- Advising managers on cost-effective ways to perform maintenance and repairs.
- Keeping a maintenance record and filing documents, invoices, and instruction manuals.
- Keeping an inventory of maintenance tools, materials, and parts.
- Reporting urgent maintenance and repair tasks to management for approval.
- Proactively performing structural maintenance and keeping grounds neat.
- Diagnosing equipment malfunctions and performing repairs.
- Obtaining approval for purchasing maintenance tools, materials, or replacement parts.
- Supervising the maintenance team.
- Following prescribed safety regulations at all times.
Technical Officer Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Apprenticeship in a related field preferred.
- Extensive experience in facility maintenance and repairs.
- State-approved certification as a plumber or electrician would be advantageous.
- Exceptional ability to prioritize and perform maintenance tasks and repairs.
- Working knowledge of recordkeeping and preparing maintenance schedules.
- Experience taking inventory of maintenance materials and replacement parts.
- Proficiency in working with budgets and advising on maintenance and repair costs.
- Ability to supervise a maintenance team.
- Knowledge of applicable safety regulations.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources