A Maintenance Technician is responsible for the upkeep of a facility, such as an apartment building or business office. They are skilled in a variety of areas including plumbing, carpentry, and electrical systems. Duties include inspecting buildings, maintaining inventory, and scheduling repairs.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Maintenance Technician Job Description Template:
We are on the hunt for a talented and reliable Maintenance Technician to join our maintenance department. In this position, your chief responsibility is to preserve the excellent condition and functionality of our business premises. Your duties will include conducting quality assessments, scheduling repairs, maintaining inventory, and developing preventative maintenance procedures.
Our ideal candidate will be a jack-of-all-trades, with in-depth knowledge of maintenance procedures, hydraulic systems, and basic tools and appliances. To excel in this position, you must be an outstanding problem-solver with exceptional communication and organizational skills.
Maintenance Technician Responsibilities:
- Inspect buildings, equipment, and systems to identify any issues.
- Repair faulty equipment units and damaged structures.
- Develop and implement preventative maintenance procedures.
- Manage heating and plumbing systems to guarantee functionality.
- Plan and schedule repairs.
- Conduct periodic quality checks on equipment and systems to ensure everything is up to standard.
- Perform general maintenance tasks including landscaping, painting, and carpentry.
- Help develop and implement the budget for the maintenance department.
- Maintain the inventory records for equipment and supplies.
Maintenance Technician Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- Certificate in HVAC, building maintenance technology or relevant field is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of electrical and hydraulic systems.
- Advanced understanding of general maintenance procedures and techniques.
- Physically capable and available to work overtime including weekends, public holidays, and evenings.
- Effective problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be well- organized and have the ability to prioritize tasks.