HVAC Technician Interview Questions
1. Could you describe the components that make a refrigeration system complete?
The answer to this question will demonstrate the candidate's technical ability. At times, HVAC technicians assist with refrigeration systems as well. The candidate's answer will show their understanding of refrigeration.
2. Could you tell me about the most complicated HVAC problem you encountered in the past, and how you solved it?
The answer will demonstrate the potential hire's technical and problem-solving skills.
3. Who is the most challenging person you have dealt with as an HVAC technician, and how did you deal with them?
Listen carefully. HVAC technicians needs strong people skills, as they provide customer service and work together with various team members.
4. How do continuously stay informed regarding the latest developments in the HVAC field?
The answer to this question will demonstrate the candidate’s ability to stay informed regarding new developments that could benefit your business.
5. Could you explain constant air volume systems as you would to a client?
The answer to this question will further demonstrate the potential hire’s knowledge of HVAC. The potential hire’s ability to explain HVAC concepts in non-technical terms is an important skill for an HVAC technician when they deal with customers.