Maintenance workers, also known as repair workers, fix and maintain mechanical equipment, buildings, and machines. Tasks include plumbing work, painting, flooring repair and upkeep, electrical repairs and heating and air conditioning system maintenance.
Maintenance Worker Job Description Template
We are hiring a maintenance worker to join our maintenance team. You will inspect different equipment and perform any basic repairs or preventative maintenance when required. To do well in this role you should have previous experience in maintenance, be highly skilled with various hand and power tools, and be able to read blueprints and repair manuals.
Maintenance Worker Responsibilities:
- Conducting routine inspections of premises and equipment.
- Performing preventative maintenance.
- Handling basic repairs and maintenance.
- Overseeing contractors when professional repairs are necessary.
- Diagnosing mechanical issues and correcting them.
- Repairing machines, equipment, or structures as necessary.
Maintenance Worker Requirements:
- Proven maintenance experience.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Related degree from a technical college.
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools.
- Ability to take apart machines, equipment, or devices to remove and replace defective parts.
- Ability to check blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs as necessary.
- Ability to use common tools such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches.
- Experience with precision measuring instruments or electronic testing devices.
- Experience performing routine maintenance.
- Strong organizational and follow up skills.
- Eye for detail.
- Professional presentation and attitude.
- Ability to maintain focus while working individually.
- Strong time management skills.
Post a Maintenance Worker job ad to 100+ free job boards with one submission