Maintenance workers, also known as repair workers, fix and maintain mechanical equipment, buildings, and machines. Tasks include plumbing work, painting, flooring repair and upkeep, electrical repairs and heating and air conditioning system maintenance.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Maintenance Worker Job Description Template
We are hiring a maintenance worker to join our maintenance team. You will inspect different equipment and perform any basic repairs or preventative maintenance when required. To do well in this role you should have previous experience in maintenance, be highly skilled with various hand and power tools, and be able to read blueprints and repair manuals.
Maintenance Worker Responsibilities:
- Conducting routine inspections of premises and equipment.
- Performing preventative maintenance.
- Handling basic repairs and maintenance.
- Overseeing contractors when professional repairs are necessary.
- Diagnosing mechanical issues and correcting them.
- Repairing machines, equipment, or structures as necessary.
Maintenance Worker Requirements:
- Proven maintenance experience.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Related degree from a technical college.
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools.
- Ability to take apart machines, equipment, or devices to remove and replace defective parts.
- Ability to check blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs as necessary.
- Ability to use common tools such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches.
- Experience with precision measuring instruments or electronic testing devices.
- Experience performing routine maintenance.
- Strong organizational and follow up skills.
- Eye for detail.
- Professional presentation and attitude.
- Ability to maintain focus while working individually.
- Strong time management skills.
Maintenance Worker FAQ:
What do maintenance workers do?
The duties of a maintenance worker include cleaning and repairing facilities and equipment. Learn more about maintenance personnel duties and responsibilities with the maintenance description above.
What other titles can I use in my maintenance person job description?
Titles for maintenance personnel may vary by company or reflect their special skills or expertise. To attract candidates for this position, you should post a maintenance person job with a descriptive title. You could use our maintenance worker job description sample to create a general maintenance job description, property maintenance job description, or building maintenance job description.
May I customize the maintenance job description template?
When you advertise a maintenance worker job, your maintenance worker job listing should reflect your company’s needs. Feel free to change our maintenance job descriptions and duties to provide information about the skills and qualities you’d like to see in your next hire.
Do you have a maintenance man test or examples of interview questions for maintenance workers?
We have interview questions for all of our job description templates.
After you have looked over our job description for maintenance workers and created a maintenance worker job listing for your company, take a look at our maintenance worker interview questions.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources