Janitors work to keep schools, offices, libraries, and hospitals, clean and maintained. They are often asked to work outside normal business hours sometimes early in the morning or late at night so the building can be cleaned properly.
Janitor Job Description Template
We have a vacancy in our team for a Janitor to work across a number of buildings. You will perform a variety of maintenance and cleaning tasks to keep the buildings looking perfect. To work well in this role you should have basic maintenance knowledge around building repairs and some experience cleaning.
- General cleaning of the building and keeping it maintained and in good condition.
- Vacuum, sweep, and mop floors.
- Cleaning and stock restrooms.
- Ensure doors are locked after hours.
- Clean up spills with appropriate equipment.
- Perform minor repairs.
- Notify supervisors or managers of major repairs.
- Collect and dispose of trash.
- Complete tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Keep cleaning supplies in stock.
- Work with a contract cleaning service when necessary.
- Ability to manage your time efficiently.
- Work well when supervisors are not present.
- Ability to lift at least 25 pounds.
- Handle basic maintenance, building repairs, cleaning and other janitorial work.
- Basic math skills.
- Able to work safely with a variety of cleaning supplies.
- High school diploma.
- Able to use basic cleaning equipment.
Post a Janitor job ad to 100+ free job boards with one submission