Janitors work to keep schools, offices, libraries, and hospitals, clean and maintained. They are often asked to work outside normal business hours sometimes early in the morning or late at night so the building can be cleaned properly.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Janitor Job Description Template
We have a vacancy in our team for a Janitor to work across a number of buildings. You will perform a variety of maintenance and cleaning tasks to keep the buildings looking perfect. To work well in this role you should have basic maintenance knowledge around building repairs and some experience cleaning.
- General cleaning of the building and keeping it maintained and in good condition.
- Vacuum, sweep, and mop floors.
- Cleaning and stock restrooms.
- Ensure doors are locked after hours.
- Clean up spills with appropriate equipment.
- Perform minor repairs.
- Notify supervisors or managers of major repairs.
- Collect and dispose of trash.
- Complete tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Keep cleaning supplies in stock.
- Work with a contract cleaning service when necessary.
- Ability to manage your time efficiently.
- Work well when supervisors are not present.
- Ability to lift at least 25 pounds.
- Handle basic maintenance, building repairs, cleaning and other janitorial work.
- Basic math skills.
- Able to work safely with a variety of cleaning supplies.
- High school diploma.
- Able to use basic cleaning equipment.
What is a janitor?
Janitors keep commercial and public facilities clean and in proper working order. Janitorial duties and responsibilities include general cleaning and maintenance, event setup and clean up, and restocking supplies. Add your specific janitorial tasks to our janitor description to create a unique and informative job post for your business.
Can I customize the janitor duties and responsibilities?
Feel free to edit or add to any section of our janitorial job description template to get a job listing that meets your company’s needs.
What information should I include when I post a janitor job?
When you advertise a janitor job, you should provide information about the janitor job duties and responsibilities at your company. Describe the skills and qualities you’re looking for in your next hire. Add your details to our janitorial services description to ensure potential applicants understand what it takes to succeed in this role.
Do you have interview questions for a janitor?
We have interview questions to go with all of our job descriptions.
After you have created a janitorial work description, take some time to review our janitor interview questions.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources