Janitors handle cleaning duties and basic maintenance for commercial or public buildings. Successful candidates will be efficient and detail-oriented. Avoid candidates who lack problem-solving or shop skills.
Interview Questions Janitor
1. Describe your experience with making basic household and equipment repairs.
Reveals more about candidate’s work history.
2. What is the proper way to clean a restroom? Provide details about the cleaners and techniques you use.
Demonstrates cleaning skills.
3. Describe a time you handled a complaint from a customer. How did you respond?
Tests customer service skills.
4. What cleaning duties do you expect to handle on a daily basis? What weekly duties do you expect to perform? How would you assist with special events?
Reveals job expectations.
5. If you noticed that a coworker was violating a safety rule or company policy, how would you handle it?
Shows rule compliance.