Dishwashers work take on some janitorial and supportive kitchen tasks, such as bussing tables, washing dishes and appliances, emptying trash receptacles, scrubbing floors, restocking items, and performing other tasks to ensure that the kitchen and dining areas are clean and prepared for guests.
Dishwasher Job Description Template
We are looking for a dedicated, organized dishwasher who enjoys working as part of a team in a fast paced culinary environment. The Dishwasher’s duties include removing soiled plates and flatware from tables, washing them thoroughly, and resetting tables in preparation for the next party. They may also restock items, unload delivery trucks, help prepare cook stations, clean appliances and machines, empty and clean trash receptacles, and other duties, as needed.
To be successful as a Dishwasher, you should be a committed, communicative team player with excellent time management skills. You should be able to prioritize tasks in a busy setting and adhere to all food safety regulations and procedures.
- Ensuring the availability of clean dishes by bussing tables, washing dishes, pots, pans, and flatware, and resetting dining areas.
- Preparing dining areas and kitchen for next shift by cleaning and restocking dining areas and cook stations.
- Cleaning machines and appliances used in the kitchen, such as coffee makers, pots, and pans, mixers, etc.
- Unloading and storing deliveries.
- Sweeping and mopping floors, especially in the event that items are broken or spilled.
- Taking out the trash and rinsing garbage cans.
- Supporting other restaurant staff members by assisting with other tasks, as needed.
- Reporting kitchen accidents or violations of food safety codes and procedures.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimal work experience.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Ability to stand or walk for 8-hour shifts and lift at least 20 pounds.
- Willingness to comply with all food safety procedures.
What is a dishwasher?
Dishwashers clean and restock dinnerware, utensils, and glassware and assist other restaurant staff members by handling other cleaning and prep tasks. Add your essential dishwasher duties to our full dishwasher job description sample to create a custom job listing for your business.
Can I edit or add to your dishwasher job duties or requirements?
When you advertise a dishwasher job, you should try to help applicants understand what the role would be like at your business. Feel free to customize any section of our dishwasher position description to get a job listing that meets your needs.
What information should I include in my listing when I post a dishwasher job?
When you create a dishwasher job listing, you should include details about the dishwasher skills and requirements you’re looking for and the duties applicants will be expected to handle. As you add your details to our dishwasher job description template, you should focus on highlighting the qualities and qualifications you’d like to have in your next hire.
Do you have interview questions for dishwashers?
We have interview questions to go with all of our job descriptions.
After you have created a dishwasher description, take some time to review our dishwasher interview questions.