Busboys help support other restaurant staff members by cleaning, clearing and setting tables for guests, stocking supplies, and attending to the needs of guests. These entry-level staff members may also be known as bussers.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Busboy Job Description Template
We are searching for candidates who will enjoy working with others in a fast-paced culinary environment and who have a desire to help create an enjoyable dining experience for guests. Busboys aim to support other team members by cleaning and resetting tables, ensuring the availability of flatware and plates, and bringing guest needs to the attention of waitstaff. They also restock necessary items, such as napkins and straws, and may assist with washing dishes. Suitable candidates should be efficient, attentive, and have strong customer service skills.
- Work with restaurant staff to create a positive dining experience for guests.
- Greet customers and answer questions.
- Alert servers when tables are in need of attention.
- Clean tables and remove dishes after the party leaves.
- Carry loads of soiled dishes to the dishwasher to be cleaned.
- Ensure availability of clean dishes, flatware, glasses, straws, napkins, and other dining materials.
- Washing dishes.
- Be able to remain focused and on-task during busy hours.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Previous restaurant experience preferred, but not necessary.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Eye for details.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs or more.
- Willing to stand or walk for extended periods.
- Availability to work evenings and on weekends, including holidays.
What is a busboy?
Busboys clear and reset tables for restaurant customers. They prepare place settings, restock napkins, straws, and other items, and clean up after guests have finished their meals. Add your busboy job duties to our busboy description to create a detailed job listing for your restaurant.
What is another name for busboys?
The most common alternate job title for busboys is busser. To ensure applicants locate your job listing, try including both of these busboy job titles in your bus person job description when you post a busboy job.
Can I customize your busser job description?
Feel free to edit or add to any section of our busser job description sample to get a job listing that meets your company’s needs.
What information should I include in my listing when I advertise a busboy job?
When you create a bus person job description, you should focus on letting applicants know more about the busser duties at your business. You should also provide details about the busser skills and qualities you’re looking for in your next hire. Our busser job description sample is a great place to start on your next job advertisement. Simply add your details and begin attracting talented applicants today.
Do you have interview questions for busboys?
We have interview questions to go with all of our job descriptions.
After you have created a busser job description, take a moment to review our busboy interview questions.