Besides their primary responsibility of preparing food for a restaurant, restaurant cooks often prep ingredients, ensure cleanliness of their working area, and keep the restaurant stocked with necessary cooking supplies. They may also help make decisions on menus and day to day offerings.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Restaurant Cook Job Description Template
Our Restaurant is looking to hire a new Cook who will be responsible for preparing awesome dishes for our guests. Duties will include prepping meals by weighing, measuring, and mixing ingredients, cooking meals, checking ingredients for freshness, and arranging and garnishing the dishes. You will also be in charge of ensuring that the kitchen and equipment are properly cleaned and maintained.
To be successful in this job, you will need a thorough experience with hot and cold food preparation. Culinary school education is preferred, and prior experience in a related position is an advantage.
Restaurant Cook Responsibilities:
- Prepare awesome meals for our customers.
- Weigh, measure, mix and prep ingredients according to recipes.
- Steam, grill, boil, bake or fry meats, fish, vegetables, and other ingredients.
- Check food and ingredients for freshness.
- Arrange and garnish dishes.
- Work well under pressure and within the time limit.
- Ensure that kitchen area, equipment and utensils are cleaned.
- Help lead and inspire our kitchen staff with the restaurant manager.
- Wow our guests with amazing dishes.
Restaurant Cook Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Culinary school 2-4 year degree or foreign equivalency preferred.
- Prior experience in related food and beverage service and food preparation positions.
- Thorough experience with hot and cold food preparation.
- Good working knowledge of accepted sanitation standards and health codes.
- Ability to use slicers, mixers, grinders, food processors, etc.
- Able to handle work in a fast-paced environment.
Restaurant Cook FAQ:
Can I edit or add to your restaurant cook description?
Feel free to customize any section of our restaurant cook job description example to get a job listing that works for your business.
What information should I include when I post a restaurant cook job?
When you post a restaurant cook job, you should provide applicants with details about the role of a cook at your restaurant. Explain the restaurant cook duties and responsibilities they’ll be expected to handle and highlight your restaurant cook job requirements and qualifications. to design your restaurant cook job posting, simply add your details to our restaurant cook job description example and start attracting top talent today.
Do you have interview questions for a restaurant cook?
We have interview questions to go with all of our job description samples.
After you have created a restaurant cook job posting, you may review our restaurant cook interview questions.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources