Restaurant Cook Job Description Template
Our restaurant is looking to hire a new cook who will be responsible for preparing awesome dishes for our guests. Duties will include prepping meals by weighing, measuring, and mixing ingredients, cooking meals, checking ingredients for freshness, and arranging and garnishing the dishes. You will also be in charge of ensuring that the kitchen and equipment are properly cleaned and maintained.
To be successful in this job, you will need thorough experience with hot and cold food preparation. Culinary school education is preferred, and prior experience in a related position is an advantage.
Restaurant Cook Responsibilities:
- Preparing awesome meals for our customers.
- Weighing, measuring, mixing, and prepping ingredients according to recipes.
- Steaming, grilling, broiling, baking, or frying meats, fish, vegetables, and other ingredients.
- Checking food and ingredients for freshness.
- Arranging and garnishing dishes.
- Working well under pressure and within the time limit.
- Ensuring that the kitchen area, equipment and utensils are cleaned.
- Helping lead and inspire our kitchen staff with the restaurant manager.
- Wowing our guests with amazing dishes.
Restaurant Cook Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Culinary school 2-4 year degree or foreign equivalency preferred.
- Prior experience in related food and beverage service and food preparation positions.
- Thorough experience with hot and cold food preparation.
- Good working knowledge of accepted sanitation standards and health codes.
- Ability to use slicers, mixers, grinders, food processors, etc.
- Able to handle work in a fast-paced environment.