Short Order Cook Job Description Template
We are looking for a quick and organized short order cook who can handle all aspects of food preparation in a small eatery. The short order cook's responsibilities include keeping food preparation areas clean, grilling, cooking, and frying foods, taking orders, serving dishes to customers, and ordering and stocking kitchen and food supplies.
To be a successful short order cook, you should have good time management skills as well as the ability to work quickly and multitask during busy periods. You should also be prepared to stand for long periods of time.
Short Order Cook Responsibilities:
- Taking customer orders and preparing food to their specifications.
- Grilling, cooking, and frying foods.
- Planning and managing work orders to ensure all items of an order are finished and served at the same time.
- Grilling and garnishing hamburgers and other meats.
- Performing simple food preparation tasks, such as slicing up meats and vegetables.
- Completing orders from steam tables, plating the food, and serving to the customers.
- Accepting payments and making change.
- Ordering supplies and stocking the shelves.
- Rotating food and stamping the time and date on the food in the coolers.
- Cleaning food preparation equipment and areas.
Short Order Cook Requirements:
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- On-the-job training in food preparation and sanitation techniques.
- The ability to multi-task and work quickly and efficiently.
- The ability to speak multiple languages would be advantageous.
- Strong communication, teamworking, and customer service skills.
- Manual dexterity and a good sense of taste.