Shorts Order Cooks typically work in smaller eateries that focus on fast service and simple menus. Short Order Cooks will grill, cook, and fry foods that are quick and easy to prepare.
When interviewing Short Order Cooks, look for candidates who demonstrate the ability to multi-task and work under pressure. Be wary of candidates who lack teamworking and communication skills.
Interview Questions for Short Order Cooks:
1. What would you say is your specialty and why?
Demonstrates candidates' knowledge and experience preparing food.
2. What steps would you take to ensure your preparation area complies with sanitation requirements?
Demonstrates candidates' knowledge of sanitation techniques.
3. What basic ingredients would you like to see in the kitchen and how would you find the best quality and price?
Demonstrates candidates' ability to stock their kitchen with quality ingredients that are reasonably priced.
4. How do you prioritize multiple orders during the busy period?
Demonstrates candidates' time management skills.
5. What would you do if a server consistently delayed service so that the food was cold when reaching the table?
Demonstrates candidates' teamworking and interpersonal skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources