Maintenance Assistants are employed by schools, hospitals, apartment complexes, office facilities, private residences, and retirement homes to perform general maintenance and cleaning tasks. They perform minor electrical repairs as well as basic plumbing and carpentry.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Maintenance Assistant Job Description Template
We are looking to employ a dedicated and reliable Maintenance Assistant to maintain our facilities and perform regular cleaning tasks. The Maintenance Assistant's responsibilities include removing trash and recyclable materials, overseeing the work of contracted vendors as required, as well as attending training, safety programs, and staff meetings. You should also be able to prepare accurate repair and cleaning reports.
To be successful as a Maintenance Assistant, you should be hard-working, have good hand-eye coordination, and able to lift heavy objects as required. Ultimately, an exceptional Maintenance Assistant should be able to safely operate hand and power tools as well as demonstrate excellent problem-solving and time management skills.
Maintenance Assistant Responsibilities:
- Completing minor repair work, which includes repairing doors, locks, door frames and handles as well as replacing light bulbs, sockets, switches, and window glass.
- Performing basic plumbing tasks, which includes unclogging drains as well as fixing leaking faucets and toilets.
- Performing regular cleaning duties, which includes sweeping, dusting, mopping, and vacuuming.
- Maintaining all outdoor areas, which entails mowing, trimming, and edging the lawn as well as shoveling snow and ice as required.
- Inspecting control panels and electrical wiring to detect any issues that require immediate attention.
- Taking inventory of maintenance supplies and notifying the Supervisor of low or depleted supplies.
- Promptly responding to requests for emergency repairs and clean-ups.
- Ensuring that all maintenance equipment is in good working order.
Maintenance Assistant Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Sound knowledge of basic plumbing, carpentry, and electrical wiring.
- Proven general maintenance experience.
- The ability to safely operate hand and power tools as well as cleaning equipment.
- The ability to lift heavy objects.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Good hand-eye coordination.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources