Maintenance Assistants work in various industries to ensure that facilities are clean and well-maintained. They perform basic plumbing, repair work, carpentry, and cleaning duties.
When interviewing Maintenance Assistants, the most suitable candidate will demonstrate efficiency, excellent problem-solving skills, and the ability to operate hand and power tools. Be wary of candidates who have low energy, ineffective communication skills, and poor time management skills.
Interview Questions for Maintenance Assistants:
1. What tools would you need to repair a leaking faucet?
Demonstrates the candidate's knowledge of hand tools as well as experience.
2. What is the difference between trimming and edging?
Demonstrates the candidate's industry knowledge and experience.
3. What is the importance of preventative maintenance?
Demonstrates the candidate's industry knowledge, analytical skills, logic, and experience.
4. What precautions should you take when replacing a broken window?
Demonstrates the candidate's industry knowledge, logic, and experience.
5. What would you do if the Maintenance Supervisor asked you to complete a complex task that required the expertise of a more skilled worker?
Demonstrates the candidate's communication and problem-solving skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources