Maintenance Coordinator Job Description Template
We are looking for a trustworthy maintenance coordinator to take charge of our team and provide supervision, guidance, and training to all new and existing crew members. The maintenance coordinator's responsibilities include implementing preventative maintenance, liaising with service providers, performing regular inspections of equipment and supplies, and diagnosing and fixing any faults on machinery.
To be successful as a maintenance coordinator, you should demonstrate excellent organizational skills, and be able to think on your feet. Outstanding maintenance coordinators should be able to motivate workers in their charge, and constantly be looking for ways to innovate old methods and practices.
Maintenance Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Delegating maintenance tasks to the rest of the team, and finding relevant vendors and service providers.
- Developing maintenance plans and implementing them.
- Ensuring quality control standards are consistently met.
- Keeping track of supply and material inventories.
- Purchasing any equipment, tools, or materials that may be required.
- Updating maintenance logs for all machinery.
- Establishing protocols for non-mechanical maintenance.
- Ensuring basic tools and machinery are in working order by performing regular inspections.
- Assessing procedures and making recommendations for improvement.
Maintenance Coordinator Requirements:
- High school diploma.
- Relevant licenses and certificates may be required.
- Courses in mechanical drawing, woodworking, electricity, and blueprint reading, would be advantageous.
- Repair work experience.
- Physical strength and good hand-eye coordination.
- Excellent customer service and negotiation skills.
- Leadership experience recommended.
- Proficiency in Excel.