Maintenance Mechanics install, repair, and maintain machinery and equipment. Their responsibilities also include building and maintaining mechanical systems, and involve the use of a variety of hand and power tools.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Maintenance Mechanic Job Description Template
We are looking for a skilled Maintenance Mechanic to install, repair, and maintain machinery and equipment. The Maintenance Mechanic's responsibilities include performing regular inspections of machinery and equipment, carrying out preventative maintenance, and fulfilling other duties such as building maintenance as assigned.
To be a successful Maintenance Mechanic you should have a practical mind, mechanical aptitude, and strong attention to detail. Ultimately, a top-notch Maintenance Mechanic should be able to ensure that machinery and equipment are in excellent operating condition.
Maintenance Mechanic Responsibilities:
- Assembling, installing, and maintaining mechanical systems, machinery, and equipment.
- Troubleshooting machinery and performing routine preventative maintenance.
- Reading, interpreting, and following instructions and operation manuals.
- Maintaining a schedule for inspecting, servicing, and testing machinery.
- Cleaning, repairing and installing equipment and parts as needed.
- Operating a variety of hand and power tools.
- Maintaining a clean and organized work area.
- Complying with health and safety regulations.
- Performing general maintenance work on buildings as assigned.
Maintenance Mechanic Requirements:
- High school diploma/GED.
- 2+ years of experience as a Maintenance Mechanic or in a similar role.
- Trade or vocational school graduation preferred.
- Knowledge and ability to operate hand and power tools.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability.
- Strong computer skills.
- Physical dexterity.
- Good troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources