A Mechanic is responsible for inspecting and repairing vehicles, machinery, and light trucks. Also known as Service Technicians, these professionals oversee maintenance inspections, monitor inventory, assemble mechanical components, and perform repairs. They usually work in garages that are indoors.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Mechanic Job Description Template:
We are currently seeking an experienced and talented Mechanic to join our dynamic team. In this position, you will be responsible for constructing, maintaining and repairing all machinery and vehicles. Your duties will include monitoring inventory, inspecting vehicles, and assembling machinery.
To succeed in this role, you should be physically and mentally fit and have a solid knowledge of basic mechanic’s tools, service, and diagnostic equipment. Our ideal candidate will have strong attention to detail, with excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Conduct regular maintenance on machinery, systems, and automotive vehicles.
- Meet with clients to better understand their concerns and identify the issue.
- Assemble mechanical components according to specifications.
- Examine machines and oversee diagnostic tests to determine functionality problems.
- Design a plan of action for all maintenance tasks and upgrades.
- Maintain work logs, repairs, and maintenance records.
- Monitor inventory and order new parts when necessary.
- Offer consultation on maintenance and preventative procedures to machine and vehicle users.
- Perform vehicle assessments and alert clients on issues that will prohibit their vehicles from passing inspection.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- Certification from a vocational school or trade school is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of vehicle diagnostic equipment and mechanical systems.
- Strong attention to detail with an aptitude for problem-solving.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.