Auto Mechanics diagnose, repair, and help prevent problems with vehicle performance and ensure that vehicles operate in a safe, reliable manner. These professionals may also be known as Mechanics or Automotive Technicians.
Post your job description to these sites when you're done.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Auto Mechanic Job Description Template
We are searching for an analytical, enthusiastic Auto Mechanic to help our clients resolve issues with vehicle performance and appearance. The Auto Mechanic will speak to clients about the performance and history of their vehicles, inspect mechanical and electronic components, diagnose issues, and discuss possible resolutions with clients. You will also maintain shop equipment and generate estimates and timelines for repairs.
To be a successful Auto Mechanic, you should be focused on providing high quality service to clients as you help them identify, repair, and avert issues that may affect the performance or longevity of their vehicles. You should be thorough, reliable, honest, logical, and motivated.
Auto Mechanic Responsibilities:
- Work with manager and other mechanics to diagnose and repair the mechanical and electrical components of vehicles.
- Listening to clients to learn more about vehicle history, potential problems, and the services they would like to receive.
- Performing test drivers, inspections, and other diagnostic tests on vehicles to identify where problems exists and determine which parts need to be repaired or replaced.
- Completing preventative maintenance on vehicles, such as performing oil changes, flushing and replacing fluids, and replacing brakes.
- Repairing damage to the body of the vehicle and washing and painting the vehicle’s exterior.
- Generating timelines and estimates for repairs and discussing options with clients.
- Inspecting internal systems and controls to ensure the vehicle is operating properly and in compliance with state regulations.
- Maintaining accurate records relating to clients, their vehicles, parts, and service history.
- Using shop equipment as instructed, performing regular maintenance and repairs as needed.
- Engaging in learning opportunities to update job knowledge and technical skills.
Auto Mechanic Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Addition education, certifications, or experience is generally preferred.
- Proven ability to diagnose and repair vehicles and follow safety instructions and directions.
- Proficiency with hand tools and other equipment.
- Excellent active listening, problem solving, and communication skills.
- Self-motivated, independent, and reliable with a strong work ethic.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources