Auto Mechanics work with clients to resolve vehicle performance and appearance issues, and are also known as Mechanics or Automotive Technicians. They inspect mechanic and electrical components, diagnose issues, and consult with clients on possible ways to resolve issues.
When interviewing Auto Mechanics, look for candidates' with a strong working knowledge of mechanics as well as strong interpersonal and communication skills. Take note of candidates who lack diagnostic and problem solving skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Auto Mechanics:
1. What process do you use to diagnose a vehicle issue?
Demonstrates the candidates' knowledge of auto mechanics.
2. How would you prioritize client requirements and vehicle maintenance on a busy day?
Demonstrates candidates' organizational skills as well as customer service skills.
3. What would you do if a customer returned a recently repaired vehicle and complained that you either had not fixed the issue or had caused an issue elsewhere?
Demonstrates candidates' customer service skills as well as ability to account for their actions.
4. Do you follow a checklist to ensure that you have examined all important aspects of a vehicle? What method do you use?
Demonstrates candidates' process and experience with vehicle maintenance and repair.
5. What would you do if you saw your manager misdiagnose a vehicle issue?
Demonstrates candidates' team working and communication skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources