Automotive service technicians maintain, repair, and inspect cars, light trucks, and other vehicles. They may also be referred to as a service tech, auto mechanic, auto technician, automobile technician, or service technician.
Automotive Technician Job Description Template
Our company is expanding rapidly and we are looking to hire an Automotive Technician to join our team. You should have demonstrated experience as an auto mechanic on cars and light trucks along with an ASE certificate. You will be responsible for diagnosing, maintaining, and repairing customer vehicles.
Automotive Technician Responsibilities:
- Perform maintenance and repair on customer vehicles.
- Identify problems with vehicles using the diagnostic equipment.
- Explain automotive repairs and issues and provide great customer service.
- Plan repair procedures using charts manuals and experience.
- Test the functionality of parts and systems
- Perform basic auto care and maintenance tasks such as oil changes, fluid level checks, and tire rotation.
- Repair and replace brake pads, wheel bearings, sensors and other parts.
- Perform routine maintenance and general mechanic work on vehicles.
- Prepared to get additional certification as needed.
- Willingness to learn with hands-on training.
- Help keep repair shop clean and organized.
- Keep a professional appearance.
Automotive Technician Requirements:
- Automotive and engine repair experience or auto mechanic training required.
- ASE certifications required.
- Hold a valid driver license.
- Graduated from an associate degree program in auto maintenance and repair.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and provide friendly customer service.
- Must read, interpret and transcribe data in order to maintain accurate records.
- Perform routine maintenance and other tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- May lift objects that weigh as much as 50 lbs.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience as a lube technician, or prepared to do on-the-job training.
- Understanding of automotive air-conditioning systems.
- Ability to use the diagnostic equipment.
- Experience with heavy equipment and as a diesel mechanic, diesel engine knowledge, or prepared to do on-the-job training.
- Good hand-eye coordination.
Post a Automotive Technician job ad to 100+ free job boards with one submission