Automotive service technicians maintain, repair, and inspect cars, light trucks, and other vehicles. They may also be referred to as a service tech, auto mechanic, auto technician, automobile technician, or service technician.
Post the job description to these sites when you're done.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Automotive Technician Job Description Template
Our company is expanding rapidly and we are looking to hire an Automotive Technician to join our team. You should have demonstrated experience as an auto mechanic on cars and light trucks along with an ASE certificate. You will be responsible for diagnosing, maintaining, and repairing customer vehicles.
Automotive Technician Responsibilities:
- Perform maintenance and repair on customer vehicles.
- Identify problems with vehicles using the diagnostic equipment.
- Explain automotive repairs and issues and provide great customer service.
- Plan repair procedures using charts manuals and experience.
- Test the functionality of parts and systems
- Perform basic auto care and maintenance tasks such as oil changes, fluid level checks, and tire rotation.
- Repair and replace brake pads, wheel bearings, sensors and other parts.
- Perform routine maintenance and general mechanic work on vehicles.
- Prepared to get additional certification as needed.
- Willingness to learn with hands-on training.
- Help keep repair shop clean and organized.
- Keep a professional appearance.
Automotive Technician Requirements:
- Automotive and engine repair experience or auto mechanic training required.
- ASE certifications required.
- Hold a valid driver license.
- Graduated from an associate degree program in auto maintenance and repair.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and provide friendly customer service.
- Must read, interpret and transcribe data in order to maintain accurate records.
- Perform routine maintenance and other tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- May lift objects that weigh as much as 50 lbs.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience as a lube technician, or prepared to do on-the-job training.
- Understanding of automotive air-conditioning systems.
- Ability to use the diagnostic equipment.
- Experience with heavy equipment and as a diesel mechanic, diesel engine knowledge, or prepared to do on-the-job training.
- Good hand-eye coordination.
Automotive Technician FAQ:
What is an automotive technician?
Automotive technicians inspect, maintain, and repair vehicles. Add your auto technician job duties to our automotive service technician job description to create a custom job listing for your business.
What other job titles could I use for my automotive technician job listing?
Automotive technician job titles may vary between businesses. Alternate job titles for this position include auto mechanic and service technician. Try including several of these job titles in when you create an automotive technician job description to make it easier for applicants to find your listing.
Can I edit your automotive technician job information?
Your automotive service technician description should reflect your company’s specific needs. Feel free to customize any section of our automotive technician description to get a job listing that works for your business.
What information should I include when I post an automotive technician job?
When you advertise an automotive technician job, you should provide applicants with details about the automotive technician duties they will be expected to perform. You should also provide them with information about the auto technician requirements at your company. Add your details to our automotive service technician job description to get more ideas or to begin designing your next job listing.
Do you have interview questions for automotive technicians?
We have interview questions to go with all of our job descriptions.
After you have created a mechanic job advertisement, click here to review our automotive technician interview questions.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources