Auto Electricians specialize in installing and maintaining electrical systems contained in automotive vehicles. Auto Electricians mainly work for auto service centers where they install, inspect, repair, and maintain all the electrical parts contained in a vehicle.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Auto Electrician Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a skilled Auto Electrician to work in our busy auto electrical service center. Your duties will include installing and repairing electrical wiring, diagnosing problems with vehicle electrical systems, repairing damaged electrical parts, and maintaining electrical equipment for agricultural machinery.
To ensure success as an Auto Electrician, you should have extensive knowledge of modern vehicular electrical systems, have a good eye for detail, and be able to problem-solve complex electrical problems. Ultimately, a top-notch Auto Electrician can install, troubleshoot and repair any electrical system in a vehicle.
Auto Electrician Responsibilities:
- Installing new vehicle wiring systems.
- Installing and troubleshooting immobilizer and alarm systems.
- Gathering information from customers about issues with their electrical system.
- Diagnosing electrical issues and proposing a course of action.
- Providing customers with estimated time and cost for repairs.
- Repairing and replacing faulty wiring or electrical systems.
- Servicing of electrical automotive parts.
- Servicing and repairing electrical systems on agricultural vehicles.
- Maintaining a clean working environment.
- Completing job reports and processing paperwork.
Auto Electrician Requirements:
- High school diploma and auto electrical qualification certificate.
- Proven work experience as an Auto Electrician.
- Advanced knowledge of modern vehicular electrical systems.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Complex problem-solving skills.
- Ability to operate electrical diagnostic equipment.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work standing or in a crouched position for long periods.
- Ability to distinguish subtle color variations.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources