Electrical Technicians work in offices or factories, either supervising electricians or as part of a production team. Electrical Technicians follow a device's design plan, inspect, construct, and repair electrical systems.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Electrical Technician Job Description Template
We are looking for an experienced Electrical Technician to evaluate, assemble, and maintain electrical systems in equipment which are predominantly portable. The Electrical Technician does not design electrical systems but will identify potential problems in design.
To be successful as an Electrical Technician, you should be able to read electrical system design plans and recommend improvements, as well as calibrate instruments, and diagnose faulty equipment.
Electrical Technician Responsibilities:
- Assembling, evaluating, testing, and maintaining electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, and apparatus.
- Troubleshooting and repairing malfunctioning equipment, appliances, and apparatus.
- Constructing and fabricating parts, using hand tools and specifications.
- Reading and interpreting electrical and electronic circuit blueprints, diagrams, and schematics.
- Advising management on continued use of unsuitable equipment, appliances, and apparatus.
- Supervising electricians.
- Ordering of electrical supplies and equipment.
Electrical Technician Requirements:
- Two-year Electrical, Technical, or related degree.
- Completion of an electrical apprenticeship.
- At least 2 years' experience as an Electrical Technician.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience operating hand and power tools, soldering and fault-testing equipment.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources