Electrical engineers design, develop, and test electrical devices and equipment, including communications systems, power generators, motors and navigation systems, and electrical systems for automobiles and aircraft. They also oversee the manufacture of these devices, systems, and equipment.
Electrical Engineer Job Description Template
We are hiring an Electrical Engineer to design and implement complex industrial, commercial, and domestical electrical systems. To do well in this role you should be a licenced professional engineer and have extensive experience as an electrical engineer.
Electrical Engineer Responsibilities:
- Designing, maintaining, implementing, or improving electrical instruments, facilities, components, equipment products, or systems for industrial, commercial or domestic purposes.
- Performing a wide range of engineering tasks by operating computer-assisted design or engineering software and equipment.
- Conferring with customers, engineers, and others to discuss existing or potential engineering products or projects.
- Ensuring that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements by preparing electrical systems specifications, technical drawings or topographical maps.
- Establishing construction, manufacturing or installation standards or specifications by performing a wide range of detailed calculations.
- Ensuring compliance with specifications, codes, or customer requirements by directing or coordinating installation, manufacturing, construction, maintenance, documentation, support or testing activities.
- Writing reports and compiling data regarding existing and potential electrical engineering projects and studies.
- Preparing specifications for purchases of electrical equipment and materials.
- Supervising or training project team members.
- Estimating material, labor, or construction costs for budget preparation.
- Maintaining electrical equipment.
- Working with a variety of technicians.
Electrical Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in electrical engineering degree from an accredited school.
- Licensed as a professional engineer.
- Experience in using or a desire to learn required software.
- Knowledge of applicable codes related to electronic engineering.
- Proficient in design and calculation software.
Post a Electrical Engineer job ad to 100+ free job boards with one submission