Tire Technicians install and repair tires on passenger and commercial vehicles for tire shops, car dealerships, and service centers. Tire Technicians perform a range of duties, including rotating tires, conducting wheel alignment tests, replacing valves, and repairing punctures.
When interviewing Tire Technicians, the most suitable candidate will display good communication skills, be physically strong, and show extensive knowledge of modern tire fitment techniques. Be wary of candidates who are not able to communicate clearly with clients and those who cannot work in a crouched or standing position for long periods.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Tire Technicians:
1. What system do you use to inspect and assess tire damage?
Indicates knowledge of best practices and shows critical thinking skills.
2. How would you inform a customer that all their tires need to be replaced?
Displays the candidate’s ability to communicate clearly and relay unpleasant information.
3. Why did you decide to work as a Tire Technician?
Demonstrates the character of the candidate and their passion for the industry.
4. What do you think is the most difficult part of being a Tire Technician?
Highlights potential problem areas.
5. What was the most difficult fitment or repair job you performed?
Highlights the extent of the candidate’s knowledge and skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources