Also known as Lubrication Technicians, Lube Technicians are employed by car dealerships and automotive repair shops to perform routine vehicle maintenance. They lubricate vehicle engine parts and wheel bearings as well as replace air, oil, cabin, and fuel filters.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Lube Technician Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a highly-skilled Lube Technician to maintain and service customers' vehicles. The Lube Technician’s responsibilities include preparing detailed vehicle service reports, replacing vehicle wiper blades and car batteries, and changing motor oil as well as transmission and brake fluid as needed. You should also be able to keep vehicle interiors clean while performing maintenance and servicing tasks.
To be successful as a Lube Technician, you should have strong mechanical skills and adhere to all safety procedures and practices. Ultimately, an outstanding Lube Technician should be able to communicate effectively with customers and demonstrate excellent time management skills.
Lube Technician Responsibilities:
- Applying lubricants to the moving parts of vehicle engines to prevent premature engine wear and ensure optimal engine performance.
- Lubricating wheel bearings to prevent excessive tire wear.
- Performing engine cleanings to prevent rust formation.
- Replacing cabin, fuel, air, and oil filters as required.
- Performing tire rotations to ensure even tire wear.
- Testing tire pressure and adding air as needed.
- Thoroughly inspecting customers’ vehicles for oil leaks.
- Making recommendations for additional servicing based on initial vehicle inspections.
- Notifying the Service Advisor when vehicle maintenance or servicing cannot be completed within scheduled timeframes.
Lube Technician Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Completion of a postsecondary education Lube Technician program.
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification is advantageous.
- Proven experience in automotive maintenance and repair.
- Valid driver's license.
- Good manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Excellent time management and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources