Mechanics diagnose, maintain and conduct maintenance on vehicles. Their duties include monitoring inventory, performing vehicle assessments, and overseeing diagnostic tests. Depending on their skill set and knowledge, a mechanic can also afford to work privately.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Mechanic Interview Questions:
1. How would you handle a hostile client?
Tests the candidate’s interpersonal skills.
2. If a client is disappointed in their service, how would you ensure they leave satisfied?
Highlights the candidate’s communication and customer service skills.
3. How do you change a transmission?
Reveals the candidate’s knowledge of vehicles and mechanical systems.
4. Can you explain how you test vehicles, components, and systems?
Tests the candidate’s knowledge of vehicle diagnostic equipment and methods.
5. What was the toughest vehicle repair you’ve worked on? What happened?
Shows the candidate’s experience and ability to problem-solve.