Maintenance Managers oversee and lead maintenance procedures and actions in a company. Also known as Maintenance Supervisors, these professionals manage activities for the repair of buildings, landscapes, and offices. Duties include tracking expenses, reporting progress, and assigning schedules.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Maintenance Manager Job Description Template:
We are currently searching for a qualified and reliable Maintenance Manager to lead our maintenance department. As the Maintenance Manager, you will be responsible for managing all installation, repair and upkeep operations of our company’s facilities. Your duties will include maintaining machinery, planning repair activities, and developing maintenance procedures.
If you have proven experience in a maintenance and management role, with excellent organizational and leadership abilities, then we encourage you to apply today. Our ideal candidate will demonstrate a good understanding of maintenance machinery and equipment, as well as outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Supervise and lead all maintenance processes and operations.
- Track expenses and oversee the budget for maintenance.
- Maintain all machinery to ensure it’s at working standards.
- Create and implement maintenance procedures.
- Conduct regular inspections of the facilities to detect and resolve problems.
- Plan and manage all repair and installation activities.
- Ensure all department workers adhere to the safety policies and procedures.
- Assign repair schedules and evaluate repair cost estimates.
- Document and prepare daily progress reports and maintenance logs.
- Oversee equipment stock and place orders for new supplies when necessary.
- High School Diploma or equivalent qualification.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Facility Management or similar field is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in maintenance.
- Previous managerial experience is a bonus.
- Good understanding of the technical features of plumbing, carpentry, and electrical systems.
- Strong knowledge facilities machines and equipment.
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources