Maintenance Coordinators lead a team that handles repairs and the general upkeep of equipment and facilities. They can work in commercial, industrial, or residential spaces, carrying out maintenance duties themselves, or contracting vendors to assist. They fill a supervisory role and also implement preventative maintenance.
When interviewing Maintenance Coordinators, the best candidates should display great communication skills and be able to carry out verbal and written instructions. Be wary of candidates who lack focus and appear lethargic.
Interview Questions for Maintenance Coordinators:
1. How do you determine if a machine needs repairs or replacement?
Determines level of expertise and logical thinking skills.
2. Can you describe a time you identified an issue before it became a huge problem?
Shows attention to detail, and tests problem-solving, as well as critical thinking skills.
3. How do you ensure productivity remains good during harsh weather?
Demonstrates interpersonal and motivational skills.
4. What would you do if a hired contractor had an accident while working?
Tests leadership and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to stay calm under pressure.
5. Describe a time you had to settle a dispute between workers. How did it go?
Shows conflict resolution and interpersonal skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources