Technical Manager Job Description Template
We are looking for an innovative and dedicated technical manager to optimize the performance of our company's computer information systems. In this role, your duties will include collaborating with the technology development team and users to enhance system performance and completing projects on time.
To ensure success as a technical manager, you should demonstrate extensive experience in CIS development and maintenance. Outstanding technical managers keep up with advancements in the field and promote technological innovation at their companies.
Technical Manager Responsibilities:
- Performing analyses on CIS efficiency and integration.
- Reporting to management on CIS development, implementation, and progress.
- Collaborating with development teams and departments, as well as incorporating user feedback.
- Ensuring CIS innovation and implementation.
- Managing support teams and evaluating performance metrics.
- Overseeing CIS user-testing and adjustments.
- Ensuring that products and services are delivered on time and within budget.
- Managing software and hardware installations and upgrades.
- Maintaining computer network infrastructure and ensuring network security.
- Hiring and training new IT staff.
Technical Manager Requirements:
- A bachelor's degree in computer information systems, management information systems, or similar.
- A master's degree in technology management or business management would be advantageous.
- Extensive experience in technical management, preferably in a related industry.
- Advanced knowledge of CIS innovation and integration.
- Ability to manage IT support teams, as well as hire and train new IT staff.
- Extensive experience in collaborating with CIS development teams and users.
- Ability to diagnose faults, oversee CIS user-testing, and implement required changes.
- Ensuring optimal hardware and software functionality, as well as network security.
- Ability to keep up with CIS advancements.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.